Trial By Trolley (Cyanide & Happiness)
- THE AGE OLD TROLLEY CONUNDRUM. Trial by Trolley is a multiplayer game in which one player plays the conductor on a runaway train intent on killing anything in its path. The other players play their cards and argue in order to convince the operator to spare their lives and condemn everyone on the other track to a gruesome death-by-trolley.
- THE UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES. The non conductors are grouped into teams and each have a role to play on the tracks. Each track gets a random “innocent” card to start them off, like “the world’s greatest physicist”, or “a single kitten on its way to getting adopted.” A real head scratcher, folks!
- A RAILROAD OF MORAL DILEMMAS. To make things even harder for our conductor, Each team sabotages the other track with a “guilty” card. Oh, those are bad! We’re talking people like “the four horsemen of the apocalypse” here. Then each player plays modifier cards onto any character on either track to help sway the conductor to their side. Plot twists such as “their ghost will haunt your forever”.
- EXCELLENT FOR PARTIES AND GAME NIGHTS. Anyone up for questioning their morals? This easy to learn tabletop game from Skybound Games and Cyanide and Happiness is hilarious (if not horribly offensive) to play with friends and family. It’s great for game nights, at a party, office party, birthdays, drinking games, or just to kill time on a weekend. Play with anywhere from 3 to 13 players.
- WHAT’S IN THE TRIAL BY TROLLEY GAME. Each pack includes 500 cards, split between innocent tracks, guilty tracks, and modifiers. Each game also includes a game mat, and 27 death tokens.
In Trial by Trolley, one player acts as the Trolley Operator and must choose where to send a murderous, out of control, trolley. Every other player at the table plays cards and argues in order to convince the operator to spare their lives and condemn everyone on the other track to a gruesome death-by-trolley.
Each round, one player will act as the trolley conductor. This person will be the judge, and will choose which track the trolley will murder.
Each other player is divided evenly among teams, and each player(s) will have a role for the round.
To begin, one player will draw 3 angelic tracks, choose one to play to the table, and then randomly reveal a 2nd angelic track from the deck to add to the track. Another player will draw 3 demonic tracks, and choose to add one to the opposing teams track, attempting to sabotage them, and spare their own tracks. Finally, player(s) will draw track modifiers to place on any track card on the table. They can play on their own tracks, to sway the judge, or they may play on their opponents, to further sway the judge into murdering their opponent's track.
The judge will ponder this conundrum, and eventually decide to murder one track. The track that was spared is the winner for the round!
Play continues for a number of rounds pre-determined by the number of players at the table.
Trial by Trolley is a game for 3-13 players, and plays in about 30-90 minutes.
- : Skybound Games
- : Skybound Games
- : 811949032034
- : games